Shirin from Lebanon

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hi! My name is Shirin...


Hi!

My name is Shirin.

I was born in Beirut, Lebanon. I am 22 years old, and i live in Berlin. I study art and education at the university. My family moved to Germany when i was 12 years old.

I miss Lebanon, my homeland very much. I belong there and hope with the help of Allah, to come back after completion of my studies. I care for my people and think they deserve more, to live a better life.

I like to create drawings to express my feelings, and sometimes have something to say about things that happen in my country. Now... I just don't know where to start..I feel so helpless... and sometimes I even cry at night and pray that with the help of Allah the war will end soon.

I have a lot of friends and family there, and I myself was in Beirut at the begigning of the attack. It took me about a week to get out and come back to Germany. Since I came back I keep in touch with my family there and know exactly what is going on in Lebanon...
I invite you to visit me and get to know me. As I wrote before, I create drawings as a way to express myself. I saw a lot of blogs about the war, and I thought to do something different. I intend to add one of my drawings each time I will update the blog, in order to express my opinion about the situation in Lebanon.
Hope you like the idea, and I invite you all to share your opinion with me and my readers.

38 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home